Saturday, April 13, 2013

Ocean of Parfums (Part 2)

Assalamu'alaikum. Welcome back! HEHE ;)

I've shared on my perfume collection in the previous entry. Hence, I think I may want to have some reviews on my hubby's and would love to talk more and more about fragrance this time around! May I? *xOXo*

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
Bubu's fragrances

ARMANI code (EDT)
Personality: Masculine, Charismatic, Cool
Remarks: This is the perfume that will forever remind me of him, I swear! It has already become his 'signature' ever since we started to know each other! B)

paco rabanne 1 MILLION (EDT)
Personality: Masculine, Classy, Charismatic
Remarks: Its fantastic-superb-awesome aroma makes me feel like I'm married to a Millionaire, oohlala! (ok, I'm just EXAGGERATING things here... @_@)

GUCCI GUILTY (EDT)
Personality: Young, Charismatic, Fearless
Remarks: A guilty pleasure kind of scent! AHAHA. The very latest perfume in his collection so far (can you see that he hasn't yet opened its packaging?!)

Why do I prefer Eau de Parfum (EDP) more than Eau de Toilette (EDT)? Because EDP has GREATER fragrance concentration compared to EDT and hence, it is more lasting (and more 'spensive too!). As far as I know, the best brands typically release their fragrances at this concentration level (EDP). BUT CAN JUST ANYONE GIVE ME SOLID REASONS WHY MOST MASCULINE PERFUMES AVAILABLE IN STORES ARE EDTs instead of EDPs??????? *Just wondering why...*

Wearing perfumes is among the Sunnahs of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). In other words, it's among the practices of our Prophet. And do you know that good aromas also help us a lot to stay focus? Indeed. *LOL* However, there are lots of arguments about wearing the alcohol-based perfumes for the Muslims. Well who am I to discuss the matter in detail! But as far as I am concerned, it is permissible to wear them due to the following reasons:

  • Alcohol contain in the ingredients is used to perfume the body, NOT for drinking!
  • In Islam, it is not necessary to consider all things declared to be forbidden as impure (but all that is impure is deemed forbidden for sure!). The same concept applied to drugs and also to gold & silk (only forbidden to be worn by men but still, they're considered as pure to be touched)
  • Furthermore, it is known that alcohol used in the production of most perfumes nowadays (mass production) is produced from sugarcane by way of distillation. So it's definitely NOT the natural alcohol. But according to some Muslim scholars, even the natural alcohol is considered as clean
  • The proportion of alcohol used in the perfumes is small, thus, it will NOT affect the purity of a Muslim's prayers

There are also limitations in wearing perfumes for Muslim women. And honestly I'm still in my learning process to be a good Muslimah... huhu. So what I do now is to wear them mostly at HOME (especially in front of my hubby... tehee!). Anyway, the concept used in Islam is very simple. It is already clear between the LAWFUL and the FORBIDDEN. And if you're caught somewhere in the middle (in doubt), just LEAVE it!!! ^_^

Wallahu a'lam. May Allah have mercy on me upon writing this article.

9 comments:

dyanzakhi said...

suke perfume yg love tu..comel..hewhew

Fara Athira said...

Comel comel . Macam nak jee . Hehe

Nikita Kimistri said...

thanks dyan for your comment. oh yg love tu bkn perfume. it's actually an accessory case received from a friend's wedding. kitorg dpt spasang. mmg cute kn..? ;)

Nikita Kimistri said...

thanks fara. so lps ni bolela try blikn for your loved ones ;))

kingeryt2 said...

My guy wears Aqua di Gio, but I love the smell of 1 Million.

Following <3

http://thelifeofyouraveragetwenty-something.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my page :) also following you!
xxx Brooke

Unknown said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my page :) also following you!
xxx Brooke

Nikita Kimistri said...

Hi Tiffany. Thanks for the comment. I'd really think you should suggest him to try 1 Million after this. Highly recommended! :D

Nikita Kimistri said...

Thanks a lot for dropping by, Brooke. Keep in touch xo!