Monday, July 8, 2013

Marshmallows for Breakfast

Assalamu'alaikum people! Just keep calm and Monday, ok!! (:

It's quite rainy here at my place. So how was your weekend? Hopefully you ended up your week with something awesome. Anyway, so did I. My Saturday was lovely; I started off the day with an early morning breakfast at my favorite kopitiam (coffee shop) of course!, spent hours reading novel there and doing some photography later on. Hmm and my Sunday was not bad too. I had my window shopping for clothes and also bought some groceries at the nearest supermarket (now that the blessed month of Ramadhan is coming most probably in less than 24 hours, guys! ALHAMDULILLAH).

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
Saturday Love on-the-GO

Outfit:

Scarf: Pashmina
Long knit cardigan: Forever 21
Leggings: UNIQLO
Pumps: Payless ShoeSource
Bag: Unbranded (bought this in Madinah @ only SR10..! HEHE)

I'm a #1 coffee & tea lover, baby... tehee! And 
OldTown White Coffee (Ampang Waterfront outlet) is my regular spot as it is located nearby my house (less than 15 minutes drive). Well you can find their outlets almost everywhere in Malaysia but bare in mind that not all of them have or actually apply for the HALAL cert, ok! Therefore, what I like about this outlet is that it is certified HALAL by JAKIM as well as operates as a Grade-A premise :)

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
OldTown White Coffee Ampang Waterfront
Their hazelnut white coffee & white milk tea are my regular fav!!

Marshmallows for Breakfast is actually a title of the fourth novel written by Dorothy Koomson. Well before we got married, my hubby and I used to buy lots and lots of books for our future home (with a dream to have a mini library of our own one day! LOL). *Now that the so-called simple mini library is still in progress..* And apparently I found this novel (which we bought somewhere in January 2008 before we got engaged!) while I did my housekeeping last Friday. So I decided to read it ASAP before I keep on forgetting about its existence again and again... ahahha. Anyway, we both share a love for books. GOOD books ;)))

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
Living in my oblivion. Spent hours at the kopitiam reading this novel!
Eventually, I had
the "OldTown Ipoh Chicken Hor Fun" instead
of having marshmallows for breakfast :p

Well just a short summary of the novel. Basically it's about a single and attractive black lady, Kendra who rents a room from a white guy named Kyle, who is a separated father of two. His kids, six-year-old Summer and Jaxon (they're twins!) later adopt Kendra as their new mother mainly because she lets them eat marshmallows for breakfast. *Haha that's kind of cute!* Kendra later on becomes part of their lives even though she's actually hiding a painful secret, which she swore she wouldn't tell anyone or ever think about it for the rest of her life!! Well as time goes by, Kendra and Kyle eventually find themselves fancy each other. Unfortunately as everything is going on well with them, the twins apparently are taken away by their mother.. hmm too bad. Anyway, I was a bit confused with Kendra-Kyle relationship status. Sometimes they act as if they are lovers but sometimes they're not more than just best friends. *Well I don't really believe that a man and a woman can actually be best friends, do you?* But overall I can say that this novel is totally enjoyable and quite funny. Love the title though I don't really like marshmallows (unless if they're dipped with chocolate!). And worry not as the story ends with a happy ending... *Wink* Aite, gotta go now. Until next time.

P.s. Can't wait for the Ramadhan announcement!

4 comments:

Miza Lee said...

kasut yg kat atas tu cantik la.. :)

Nikita Kimistri said...

Ahaha guys.. I'd seriously thought that we should fast today until I heard the Ramadhan announcement last nite.. ehehe. Pity me :p

Farida said...

Hi Nikita, I had a taste of Old Town coffee when I visited MY in 2010 :) I also tasted their french toast. Their coffee is available locally in our supermarkets too. Btw, I have relatives there too. Happy Ramadhan!

Unknown said...

Assalamualeikum dear sis :)

Though I'm not much of a coffee fan, it sounds pretty delicious :)

Also, is there any chance of seeing a picture of your library? Would love to see it :) I love getting inspired by other people's book collections :)

From one book lover to another :)
-Aysha