Wednesday, May 1, 2013

benefit Cosmetics

Assalamu'alaikum. HAPPY LABOUR DAY~

A great day to start for everyone, I hope! Well today I'm going to do some reviews on cosmetic products by benefit SAN FRANCISCO as well as my daily make-up style. Have you ladies ever heard or used benefit products before? Well I've heard of the brand name earlier but never bought their products so far until they were introduced by my eldest sis recently. Honestly it was a love at first sight... hehehe. Most of their products are of high quality, practical and come in really pretty packaging. I was very attracted to their signature, POREfessional as well as their latest brightening face primer, "that gal". FYI, I always love a simple and natural look. I seldom wear eye make-up and don't prefer the heavy make-up styles since they will only make things complicated (as well as time-consuming!) for me to perform my prayers and I would also need to put on a new one after each ablution! Huhuh. Alhamdulillah, even though my skin is not so perfect but still, a simple make-up is sufficient to cover the imperfections :)

My previous make-up routine (for work or outing) involved 3 simple steps; the all-in-one BB Cream, a face powder and a lip gloss. A blusher is just an option. However, looks like the make-up steps have now increased with the addition of POREfessional and the face primer! *Tehee* But still, those steps are considered as quick and easy! And there are also times when I only wear the face primer and my BB Cream alone. Anyway, I'm not a professional make-up artist or a celebrity who suffers from appearance-conscious.. AHAHHA. I just want to share on the products that I wear currently, that's all... *Please note that I'm using iPhone this time and all pictures were NOT edited. My apology if the results are not as good as DSLR's*

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
L-R: My 1-2-3 quick steps for make-up base

Step #1: Apply POREfessional first before you apply the rest. It actually comes in a bigger size and sold individually @ MYR115. As a first time user, I decided to buy benefit's travel kit that comes in a complete set (with easy steps to follow!) as a trial for my sensitive skin.
 
the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
POREfessional helps to minimize the appearance of pores. Looks like
foundation but its color is actually TRANSPARENT and it's OIL-FREE

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
Lovely "Honey" travel kit (or trial set) by benefit @ MYR120

Step #2: Apply the brightening face primer, "that gal". I like it so much! It has a very nice-sweet smell and of course it's OIL-FREE too. It is sold separately (in 11ml). The face primer helps to brighten your complexion and to smooth your make-up application. You can even wear it alone. Anyway, the SILKY PINK color is its special feature. Go, gal!!!

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
"that gal" by benefit @ MYR115

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
The pink pretty primer

Step #3: Apply the foundation! Since I bought their trial set, hence, the foundation quantity is very limited for daily wear. Therefore, I usually replace it with less 'spensive and affordable brand like SILKYGIRL :))

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
SILKYGIRL Magic BB Cream @ MYR17.90

Aite, just to complete the final look.....

Step #4: Apply face powder (I use MAYBELLINE CLEAR SMOOTH 03 NATURAL)
 
Step #5: Lip gloss or lipstick

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
Lancôme ROUGE IN LOVE (337M)

Step #6 (OPTIONAL): Blusher
Sometimes I'd wear blusher before I put on the face powder in order to obtain my favorite
'pinkish from the inside' complexion ^^

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
L'Oréal TRUE MATCH le blush (04 Rosewood)

So THAT'S IT!!!

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
Finally found the right cosmetic products that blend
really well with my skin. benefit's. YAY ;)

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
"Being yourself is easier than being someone else"
*
LO
*

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
benefit cosmetics oh! so awesome

Last but not least, don't forget to use a gentle make-up remover and wash your face thoroughly
in order to maintain a healthy skin, ok! Take care and happy outing :D

the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
SILKYGIRL Hydra Clean Makeup Remover
@
MYR12.88 (after less)


P.s. benefit products can be found at almost all popular malls in Malaysia (I guessed!).
I bought mine at One Utama & Sunway Pyramid ;))

13 comments:

ZULHILMI TEMPOYAK said...

mohon bantu pulihkan wajah eden yang comel ni nnt ye.. ;p

Nikita Kimistri said...

zulhilmi tempoyak, thanks for your comment... heheheh :p

Danika Podhola said...

the LANCOME lipstick looks great :)!!

New post on my blog ---> http://urbanfashionstylee.blogspot.com

Arfahani Arsad said...

comelnya Lovely "Honey" travel kit tuu! sis nmpk gorgeous! ;)

Nikita Kimistri said...

thanks danika! it's soft pink. aite, will visit your blog soon :)

Nikita Kimistri said...

arfahani, thank you for visiting my blog. packaging benefit mmg cumil2 blaka. geram je tgk n kbykan produk diorg mmg praktikal i.e. their latest blusher. sgt ssuai utk org pmalas like me! heheh ;)

Isa said...

Hi Nikita :) thank you for your nice comment you're right the pictures said sometimes more than words :p i followed you back ♥

Rin Saharina said...

comelnye set makeup benefit tu. =)

Nikita Kimistri said...

hi rin,

tulaa.. yg travel kit tu diorg buat style ala2 cover novel plaks. thanks for dropping by, sis :)

Unknown said...

I love Benefit, their primer is my absolute favourite, thanks for posting!

I really like your blog, would you like to follow each other? Let me know :)

http://lipstickedlouise.blogspot.co.uk/

Nikita Kimistri said...

Hi Emma,

Thanks for the comment. Yup, why not? Will check out your blog soon ;)

Marcela Gmd said...

Beautiful look!!! nice products!! would you like to follow each other?
Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

Nikita Kimistri said...

Holla Marcela,

Thank you.. Of course, that will be great :)