Saturday, February 23, 2013

Love or Perish

Assalamu'alaikum. Morning peeps!

Many activities have become so attractive to me lately. *I wonder...* Just finished planting flowers in my 'small garden' and I feel GOOOD. It's ironic when I officially declared "gardening" as my new love whereas Mr. Worm is still among my biggest nightmares ever!!! And perhaps you could imagine how terrible I am as a gardener.. HAHAH. Anyway, I find this activity does help to reduce stress. It's amazing to see the plants grow beautifully everyday (and the fact is you don't always have to be an expert for that!). Aite, now it's time for me to enjoy my bergamot tea and to spend some quality time with this public diary of mine 

Well it's not going to be a long entry today since there's nothing much interesting at the moment. Besides, In Shaa Allah my hubby will be arriving tomorrow (YAY!) and I'll be extremely busy to prepare for his homecoming as usual. Oh yeah, and I've also promised my mom to accompany her this afternoon (gosh, almost forgot!!). Anyway, have you read books written by Mitch Albom before? If you haven't, I would suggest you to get yourself one. Among my favorites is definitely the famous "Tuesdays with Morrie". It's based on a true story between Mitch Albom and his old professor, Morrie. (To me) the best words to describe Uncle Morrie after reading this novel is "He's a great philosopher...". Indeed. And my most favorite part of the novel is as follows....... *ENJOY ^^v*


...Is there some kind of rule to know if a marriage is going to work?
Morrie smiled. "Things are not that simple, Mitch".
I know.

"Still," he said, "there are a few rules I know to be true about love and marriage: If you don't respect the other person, you're gonna have lot of trouble. If you don't know how to compromise, you're gonna have a lot of trouble. If you can't talk openly about what goes on between you, you're gonna have a lot of trouble. And if you don't have a common set of values in life, you're gonna have have a lot of trouble. Your values must be alike.

"And the biggest one of those, Mitch?"
Yes?
"Your belief in the importance of your marriage."
He sniffed, then closed his eyes for a moment.
"Personally," he sighed, his eyes still closed, "I think marriage is a very important thing to do, and you're missing a hell of a lot if you don't try it."
He ended the subject by quoting a poem he believed in like a prayer: "Love each other or perish."

-From the novel "tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom-


the expatriate's wife natashanordin.blogspot.com
My collection of Mitch Albom's so far...
Yup, I wrapped all my favorite books! LOL ;


P.s. Uncle Morrie, I choose to LOVE, LOve and love.. huhu

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Assalamualeykum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuhu dear sister Nikita!

I also love gardening, the BEST part is seeing the plants grow, especially if their fruits/flowers are edible :D
We used to have strawberry, beans, chives and mint growing in our balcony, but it gets SO cold here in denmark during the winter, so we have to wait a long time to be able to plant them again :)


And I love that excerpt of the book you quoted! It sounds very interesting; I'll have to check out the local library's archives for that book :)

Thanks for sharing!

Nikita Kimistri said...

Wa'alaikumussalam wbt Sis Aysha.

Well looks like we share the same interest...^^ Have you watched a TV show called "The Edible Garden"? It's among my favorites.. hehe. Yup, agreed that you should get the books asap, sis! Anyway, thanks for dropping by and do keep in touch. I really love your blog ;)

Anonymous said...

wahh menarik ;)

Nikita Kimistri said...

thanks fabulousiti! :)